2020 LIHEAP Block Grant Plan
The LIHEAP Block Grant Plan is completed each fiscal year, which outlines how grantees will operate the Energy programs. The Administration of Children and Families (ACF) requires that states seek public participation for the LIHEAP Plan each year. ACF is allowing states a one-time flexibility to revise their 2020 LIHEAP block grant plan for federal fiscal year 2020-2021. North Carolina selected that option. The only revisions to the 2020 block grant plan are listed below.
• Updated Federal Poverty Guidelines which are effective October 1, 2020
• Removing the requirement for Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) applicants to have a disconnect notice
• Explanation of how the CARES Act funding will be spent
• Adding online CIP and LIEAP applications to ePASS effective date January 1, 2021
• Adding the acceptance of Telephonic Signatures for CIP and LIEAP applications
LIHEAP Block Grant: https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/social-services/public-notices
View the revised 2020 LIHEAP Block Grant Plan and submit comments.
All comments will be submitted to Jasmyne Simmons at Jasmyne.Simmons@dhhs.nc.gov